• Programs are offered online. Alternatively, course materials can be mailed to the student upon request. Students outside of the contiguouos U.S. may only receive coursework and grades electronically.


  • No, the University is a distance learning institution and does not offer any on­ campus or residential type of degree programs.

Is it possible to enroll into a Bachelor’s degree without first completing an Associate’s degree?

  • Yes, it is possible to be admitted into a bachelor’s degree program without first completing an associate’s degree. For additional details, please contact an admissions representative.

What if I only have a High School Diploma or GED and have no prior college education? Can I still apply?

  • If you have a High School Diploma or GED and have no prior college education, you may still apply to an undergraduate program. Applicants must provide an official transcript of high school completion.

How long does it take to complete a degree program?

  • The degree programs offered by The American University | Higher Education Foundation, have been designed to allow students to begin at any time and proceed with their studies as rapidly or slowly as their own time and ability permit.
  • The minimum time required to complete a degree program is one academic year (9 months) for undergraduate and master’s degree programs. The minimum time required to complete a doctoral degree program is three years.
  • Students are required to complete a minimum of 1 course every 6 months, and are required to complete their degree program 5 years from the date of enrollment (10 years for doctoral programs).

Do I have to come to USA?

  • Although students are always welcome to visit the University, it is not a requirement that students come to the University in person. The only exception is for Doctoral candidates. CCU does require that doctoral candidates appear in person for the Oral Defense of their Dissertation.

Can I apply any time?

  • Students are allowed to apply at any time during the year. Please contact an admissions representative for details.

Is there a graduation ceremony?

  • THE AU  does offer a private degree presentation upon request. Because CCU graduates are located all around the globe, we do not hold a formal graduation. Therefore most students choose to have their diploma mailed to them. However, we do welcome visitors anytime throughout the year.

Can I take a single course?

  • At this time, students may only enroll in a certificate or degree program and cannot enroll into a single course.

Do I have term dates?

  • Students have the ability to complete their studies at their own pace but must be able to demonstrate the successful completion of 1 course every 6 months. Students using VA benefits or company paid tuition assistance are required to enroll in 16­week terms. Be sure to discuss the specifics with your respective employer and contact an admissions representative prior to completing an application for admissions. Available term dates can be viewed on the academic calendar.