ART 1301: Art Appreciation I
- May 8, 2021
- The American University
Presents a diverse array of art works to help students distinguish artistic form, content, and importance in society. Original art works are analyzed through their historic style, elements of design process, and impact on cultural heritage.
- Justify visual arts in relation to history and culture.
- Examine the characteristics of works of art, including the purpose and structure of the work.
- Interpret artworks using the elements of design.
- Analyze artworks using the application of media, techniques, and processes.
- Recognize an artwork or artist by style and time period.
Prebles’ artforms: An introduction to the visual arts (Rev: 11th ed.)
Publisher: Pearson (2014)
Author: Frank, P.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL