Examines the production of goods and services in an efficient and effective business operation. The course also addresses the management of resources, the distribution of goods and services to customers, and the analysis of queue systems.
- Define operations management and explain its relationship to productivity.
- Describe operations strategy and how it has changed due to globalization.
- Summarize project management, including its tools and techniques.
- Describe the importance of forecasting and explain the effective application of the different forecasting approaches and methods.
- Summarize how operations managers decide on the products/services to offer and how they design selected products/services.
- Define quality and explain quality management, including TQM and its tools.
- Describe how process strategy is applied to determine the process, capacity, and technology required for selected products/services.
- Discuss the role of location strategy and the criteria for location decisions.
- Explain layout strategy and how operations managers determine facility arrangements and size.
- Describe how operations managers achieve a reasonable work environment and set expectations related to employee productivity.
- Explain how supply-chain management is applied to make-or-buy decisions, and the selection and integration of suppliers.
- Outline inventory management tools and techniques used to address the two basic inventory issues of how much to order and when to order.
Integrated Learning Resource
Publisher: (No information available)
Author: (No information available)
ISBN: (No information available)
Price: (No information available)
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL