BIO 1302: Ecology and the Environment
- May 8, 2021
- The American University
Introduces basic ecological concepts and their relevance to human impacts on natural systems. Students explore ecosystem structure and function, population ecology, and current environmental issues related to sustainability and the use of natural resources.
- Explain the importance of ecological concepts in everyday life.
- Describe the various factors that affect population growth regulation.
- Identify the various ways in which organisms interact with their environment.
- Summarize the importance of biodiversity within the environment.
- Detail the global exchange of nutrients through biogeochemical cycles.
- Describe the various factors that affect the evolution of ecological systems.
- Identify ways in which ecology can be used to solve environmental issues.
Integrated Learning Resource
Publisher: (No information available)
Author: (No information available)
ISBN: (No information available)
Price: (No information available)
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL