CS 1010 Computer Essentials
- May 9, 2021
- The American University
- Describe the relationship between digital basics and computer hardware.
- Generalize the impact of software applications on computer software and hardware.
- Explain the relationship between peripheral equipment, networks, the Internet, and intranets.
- Apply the principles of basic Excel functions.
- Examine the current electronic media sources to include the components that make the World Wide Web operate with webmail.
- Discuss the impact recent trends within the computer industry have on information systems.
- Describe file and database concepts such as data management tools, database design, structured query language (SQL), and database security.
- Identify the computerized tools and practices utilized in today’s business sector.
New perspectives on computer concepts 2014, comprehensive (Rev: 17th ed.)
Publisher: Course Technology (2014)
Author: Parsons, J. J., & Oja, D.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL