HY 1020: Western Civilization II
- May 8, 2021
- The American University
Traces the history of Western civilization, examining developments in Western thought and culture from the 18th century through the 21st century.
- Describe the evolution of philosophy in the modern West.
- Discuss the impact of the Industrial Revolution.
- Describe the migration of peoples across the Atlantic Ocean.
- Contrast political systems in the Western world.
- Explain the changing scope of Western civil roles.
- Analyze worldwide political conflict in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Discuss the role of a nation as a world superpower.
- Utilize academic resources within the field of history to develop creative and well-reasoned arguments.
A history of Western society: Vol. 2. From the age of exploration to the present (Rev: 12th ed., concise ed.)
Publisher: Bedford/St. Martin’s (2017)
Author: McKay, J. P., Crowston, C. H., Wiesner-Hanks, M. E., & Perry, J.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL