MAT 1301: Liberal Arts Math
- May 8, 2021
- The American University
Introduces non-technical applications of mathematics in the modern world. Cultivates an appreciation of the significance of mathematics in daily life and develops students’ mathematical reasoning. Subjects include quantitative information in real-world situations, geometry, statistics, and probability.
- Apply mathematical principles used in real-world situations.
- Relate numerical concepts to problem-solving applications.
- Perform computations with real numbers.
- Apply geometric principles to solve problems.
- Demonstrate counting techniques.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic concepts of statistics.
Mathematics all around (Rev: 5th ed.)
Publisher: Pearson (2014)
Author: Pirnot, T.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL