HY 1010 Western Civilization I
- May 9, 2021
- The American University
- Analyze how early and contemporary Western cultures define Western Civilization.
- Analyze the political, cultural, and social contexts out of which the West developed.
- Evaluate the causes and effects of major historical events, including the influence of key individuals, institutions, and ideologies.
- Evaluate significant developments of Western culture in art, literature, history, and architecture.
- Analyze Western written and visual materials of a historical nature.
- Appraise relevant and irrelevant sources or evidence.
- Create conclusions through the examination of facts about Western Civilization.
A history of Western society: From antiquity to the enlightenment (Rev: 11th ed., Vol. 1)
Publisher: Bedford/St. Martin’s (2014)
Author: McKay, J. P., Hill, B. D., Buckler, J., Crowston, C. H., Weisner-Hanks, M. E., & Perry, J.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL