Explores different methods of enhancing the quality of learning and life by systematically improving an individual’s way of thinking.
- Recognize the traits of the fair-minded thinker.
- Explain the concept of intellectual standards for thinking.
- Develop questions that result in critical thinking.
- Apply analytical reasoning to a variety of situations.
- Identify strategies for self-assessment.
- Apply decision-making patterns that result in problem-solving.
- Recognize bias and fallacies in messages from mass media and other sources.
Critical thinking: Tools for taking charge of your learning and your life (Rev: 3rd ed.)
Publisher: Pearson (2012)
Author: Paul, R., & Elder, L.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL