Examines laws and regulations impacting rights and responsibilities within the employee and employer relationship. Topics include common law principles, discrimination, wage and hour law, National Labor Relations Act, and other labor and employment laws. Focus is on federal laws governing employment.
- Discuss the legal significance of the employer-employee relationship.
- Summarize Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Analyze the impact that workplace sexual harassment has on an organization.
- Characterize conduct that violates federal anti-discrimination laws in employment.
- Explain the concept of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Discuss the history of racial discrimination in employment in the United States.
- Discuss bargaining matters under U.S. labor laws.
- Evaluate the Occupational Safety Health Administration’s (OSHA) regulatory power in the context of workplace safety.
Employment law for human resource practice (Rev: 5th ed.)
Publisher: Cengage Learning (2016)
Author: Walsh, D. J.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL