Presents an overview of the impact of culture on international business. Review of intercultural skills needed to develop successful management strategies across cultures. Emphasis is placed on assessing the environment, ethics and social responsibility, communication skills, and formulating business strategies.
- Explain how the political and economic environment affects decision making.
- Compare universal cultural variables that affect job behaviors.
- Describe the necessary steps involved with developing international business strategies.
- Examine the influence of culture on strategic choice.
- Explain the processes of preparation, adaptation, and repatriation in relation to intercultural management.
- Discuss new demands leaders face in relation to human rights and ethical conduct.
International management: Managing across borders and cultures (Rev: 8th ed.)
Publisher: Pearson (2014)
Author: Deresky, H.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL