Provides an analysis of the legal aspects of healthcare delivery and the impact on healthcare institutions. Students examine tort law, professional liability, cost controls, liability insurance, antitrust, and healthcare access.
- Analyze ethical dilemmas in the healthcare environment.
- Examine the sources and classifications of laws.
- Assess the role of laws designed specifically for the healthcare environment.
- Explain the features of managed care and federal assistance programs.
- Examine the rights and responsibilities of the patient, physician, and medical practice.
- Analyze the characteristics of negligence in the healthcare environment.
- Interpret issues concerning the management of health information.
- Explain the purpose, contents, and ownership of the medical record.
Legal aspects of health care administration (Rev: 12th ed.)
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning (2016)
Author: Pozgar, G. D.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL