- Evaluate the evolution of terrorism from the Cold War era through today and analyze the 9/11 Commission Report recommendations..
- Discuss terrorism in the modern day in relation to the notion of complex terrorism and social networks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the threat posed by radiological, chemical, and biological devices and understand attack preparedness.
- Assess the threat posed to our nation in relation to our infrastructure.
- Differentiate between non-proliferation and counter proliferation efforts.
- Assess the political, philosophical, and religious perspectives of the various actors in the war on terror.
- Evaluate the public health and medical response capabilities in the U.S. and assess existing strategies in relation to the use of CBRN weapons by a terrorist group.
- Evaluate future technologies and ways the U.S. and its allies might stay ahead of the game of emerging issues.
Weapons of mass destruction and terrorism (Rev: 2nd ed.)
Publisher: McGraw Hill (2013)
Author: Howard, R. D., & Forest, J.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL