MSE 5201 Advanced Fire Administration
- May 9, 2021
- The American University
- Analyze the Multi-Agency Coordination Systems (MACS) that are employed during an emergency.
- Assess the legal mandates required while working in the fire and emergency management fields.
- Explain the Integrated Emergency Management System (IEMS).
- Discuss the interorganizational component to the field of emergency management.
- Design incident documentation.
- Evaluate the media and political considerations that are required within the fire service and emergency management.
National incident management system: Principles and practice (Rev: 2nd ed.)
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning (2012)
Author: Walsh, D. W., Christen, H. T., Jr., Callsen, C. E., Jr., Miller, G. T., Maniscalco, P. M., Lord, G. C., & Dolan, N. J.
Fire and emergency services administration: Management and leadership practices (Rev: 2nd ed.)
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning (2014)
Author: Smeby, L. C., Jr.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL