Examines the theoretical and practical implications of marketing in the sports industry by presenting a framework to help explain and organize the strategic marketing process. Offers a growing appreciation on the globalization of sports and an understanding of the ethical issues emerging in sports and their impact on sport marketing decisions.
- Provide a framework or conceptual model of the strategic marketing process that can be applied to the sports industry.
- Evaluate the growing emphasis on the globalization of sport.
- Analyze current research in the area of sport marketing and interpret the results.
- Explain the ethical issues that are emerging in sports and their impact in sport marketing decisions.
- Offer a balanced treatment of all aspects of sports marketing at all levels by listing up-to-date treatments.
- Explain the concepts and theories unique to sports marketing and discuss basic principles in the context of sports.
- Interpret comprehensive coverage of the functions of sports marketing.
Sports marketing: A strategic perspective (Rev: 4th ed.)
Publisher: Prentice Hall (2009)
Author: Shank, M. D.
* Disclaimer: Textbooks listed are based on the last open revision of the course. Prior revisions and future revisions may use different textbooks. To verify textbook information, view the course syllabus or contact the AU Bookstore at bookstore@AU.EDU.GL