How does the admissions process work?

  • During the admissions process, all components of an applicant’s background ­ application, official transcripts, resume, specialized training are thoroughly reviewed and evaluated against the University’s coursework requirements.
  • The assessment allows the University to determine which courses have already been satisfied by courses taken at another college or university, which courses a student may be eligible to challenge, and which courses may require the assignment of a Study Guide. Undergraduate students are also evaluated for experiential learning credit and/or specialized training credit.
  • The results of this assessment are plotted on a coursework degree plan enabling an applicant to easily visualize exactly how all of the parts of their background compare and can be utilized in completing the academic requirements.
  • The University’s programs have been designed to help applicants fill in the missing pieces and meet his or her educational goal. An enrollment agreement along with the degree plan are returned to the applicant for review.
  • The enrollment agreement is then signed and returned along with the required fees.
  • A link to an on­line orientation is then sent to the student.
  • Finally, the first course work is sent to the student.

How long is the admissions process?

  • If all of the required information is included with the application, generally it can be reviewed and processed within a week.
  • You will be notified by phone call or e­mail of your acceptance.
  • You may be provisionally accepted if the admissions department is waiting for official transcripts, or other documentation.

What are Official Transcripts & how do I get them?

  • Official transcripts received by the University in a sealed envelope sent directly from the schools you attended.
  • An official transcripts is required for each college or university previously attended.
  • This document is used during the evaluation process to determine how much transfer credit can be awarded.
  • To expedite the delivery of your official transcripts to THE AU, you should go directly to the website of the college/university and fill out their transcript request form.
  • Electronic versions of transcripts (e­script) may be emailed to [email protected]

Foreign Degrees and Transcripts:

  • The University’s policy regarding foreign credentials requires that students utilize a credential evaluation service for the translation of any foreign transcript.
  • Credentials for admission must be documented in English. Applicants with non­U.S. educational credentials must first obtain a foreign credential evaluation from an independent U.S. evaluation service approved by the University.

Listed below are some reliable providers of international transcript and degree equivalency evaluations:

Educational Credential Evaluations, Inc. (ECE) International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (IERF) World Education Services (WES)

Additional information regarding foreign students can viewed by navigating to the University’s Foreign Student Policy page.

What if I only have a High School Diploma or GED and have no prior college education? Can I still apply?

  • If you have a High School Diploma or GED and have no prior college education, you may still apply to the Associate’s programs. Applicants must provide an official transcript of high school completion.

For more information about GED Testing, please visit the following sites:

  • ACE General Educational Development Testing Service
  • Diploma A Guide to College Admissions, GED Programs, and High School Diploma Programs

Is it possible to do a Bachelor of Science degree without first doing an Associate of Science degree?

  • It is possible to be admitted into a bachelors degree program without first doing the associate’s degree. The Admissions Representative can provide more information on this.